Postdoctoral Fellowships UNAM
The Instituto de Investigaciones Filosóficas of the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), offers postdoctoral research fellowships.
Postdoctoral fellows are expected to:
a) Carry out their proposed research, and publish its results;
b) Work full time on their research project;
c) Participate in the academic activities of the Institute; and
d) Teach two courses throughout the year of the fellowship and supervise the work of undergraduate and graduate students.
Knowledge of Spanish is not required, but successful non-Spanish speaking applicants will be expected to learn the language during their stay.
The deadline for applications is February 23, 2018. All documents must be received by this date. The fellowship begins on September 1st, 2018.
One year (with possible renewal for a second year).
$34,500 MX pesos per month, tax free. According to the current exchange rate this amounts to approximately $1,800 US dollars. The fellowship includes health insurance (coverage includes partners and children).
PhD, obtained not earlier than 5 years before the beginning of the fellowship. To have at least one paper published or accepted for publication.
Applicants must e-mail in PDF format all of the following documents. Please send a separate file for each of the items in the list (except letters of recommendations, which should be sent directly by the referees to firstname.lastname@example.org):
2) Copy of two papers.
3) Research project, which must include the title of the project, an outline of the proposed research, list of references, the goals, the papers expected to be obtained at the end of the fellowship (Maximum suggested length: 2500 words – excluding references)
4) Two letters of recommendation (to be sent directly by the referees).
5) Timetable of the activities planned for the time of the fellowship – one year (1 page).
6) Cover letter.
7) Abstract of the PhD dissertation, stating name and institutional affiliation of main supervisor (1 page).
8) Copy of the PhD diploma or official document certifying that final exam on PhD thesis has been passed or official document that indicates the date when the doctoral exam will take place. In case the application is successful, it will be necessary to send official certification that the final exam has been passed, before the beginning of the fellowship.
All these documents must be sent to the following address: email@example.com
For further questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org