Revista: Philosophy of Medicine
Deadline para el envío de abstracts: 15 de marzo de 2021
The journal Philosophy of Medicine and the Institute for the Future of Knowledge at the University of Johannesburg will host an online conference on 12 May 2021 to provide a forum for exploratory philosophical work on COVID-19.
Participants are invited to submit papers concerning any philosophical topic relating to Covid-19—for example, but not limited to:
- Public Health Policy: To lockdown or not to lockdown?
- Role of expertise in public decision-making
- Democracy and Emergency
- Values in Science
- Evidence-Based Policy and Public Health Emergencies
- Epidemiology: Aims, Methods, Confusions
- Epistemology and Modeling
- Biomedical Ethics
- The Precautionary Principle
- Allocation of Biomedical Research Resources and “Well-Ordered Science”
- Equity and Access to Healthcare
- Global Perspectives on Covid-19
- The Role of Philosophy in Public Debate
The deadline for submissions is March 15th, 2021. Notice of acceptance can be expected within 2-3 weeks. All submissions should include the name of the applicant and the institution with which they are affiliated. Abstracts not longer than 300 words should be sent to email@example.com.
The full version of accepted papers will be considered for a special edition of Philosophy of Medicine. Organised by Benjamin Smart and Alex Broadbent